Fund Requirements to Apply to Study in Canada -

You must prove that you can support yourself, and the family members who come with you, while you are in Canada.

You can prove your funds with:

  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name, if you have transferred money to Canada
  • Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution
  • proof of a student/education loan from a bank
  • your bank statements for the past four months
  • a bank draft that can be converted to Canadian dollars
  • proof you paid tuition and housing fees
  • a letter from the person or school giving you money, or
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.
Persons coming to Canada Amount of funds required per year (additional to the tuition) Amount of funds required per month (additional to the tuition)
You (the student) $10,000 $833
First family member $4,000 $333
Every additional accompanying family member $3,000 $255

An example of how much funding proof you will need:

If you and two family members want to come, you will need:

  • Tuition +$10,000 (for the student)
  • +$4,000 (for the first family member)
  • +$3,000 (for the second family member)

Total: Fund need to prove would be + $17,000 + tuition