TSC Immigration Services can assist you to legally sponsor your family member to enter Canada. You may be eligible to sponsor your:
- spouse, common-law, or conjugal partner;
- dependent children;
- parent or grandparent.
The sponsor must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- Reside in Canada or intend to reside in Canada at the time of sponsorship
- Prove that they will be able to financially support their family member and any dependent, if necessary
- Enter into an agreement with the Government of Canada or Quebec, as well as the sponsored relative, where the sponsor will agree to support the family member essential needs for a certain amount of time.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Not be incarcerated or charged with a serious offence
- Not be bankrupt
- Not be under a removal order if a Permanent Resident
- How long will the sponsorship application process take?
Current wait times for spousal sponsorships average 12 months.
- What if my sponsorship application is refused?
If your application for sponsorship is refused, you can appeal the case to the Immigration Adjudication Division (IAD) within 30 days of the refusal.
- What are “Essential Needs”?
The sponsor must take care of basic requirements of everyday living (eg. food, clothing, shelter), and health needs not covered by public health services (eg. dental and eye care)
- Can a sponsored person work in Canada?
Typically, yes, a sponsored person is a permanent resident and will have the right to work.
Why use TSC Immigration Services?
An error on an application can lead to a serious delay or
refusal. Following the checklist provided by the Canadian government will not always guarantee a successful application. Our experience specializing in helping to reunite families from all over the world helps us know what immigration officers are looking for when reviewing a sponsorship application. Our strategy involves creating a bulletproof application package to ensure a quick and seamless process. Our package will provide you with the best chance of success.
Contact us Today for a Consultation - our services include:
- Completing immigration paperwork - ensuring a fast process and a high success rate
- Interfacing with the Canadian government on your behalf
- Canadian arrival, settlement, and support
- Updates and reviews at given milestones