- Candidates must have at least 1 year of professional work experience
- Experience could include any of the following occupations and many more: software development, engineering, management, banking, finance, accounting, architect, executive assistant, human resources…
- Must have a Bachelor/Master’s degree
- Must have an intermediate/good level of English
- All tradespeople, for example: carpenters, metal workers, machinists, fishermen, electricians, welders, plumbers, chefs, butchers, and many more…
- Must have an initial or intermediate level of English
- Must have at least 2 years of work experience in the last 5 years
Canadian Work Experience
- You may also qualify for Express Entry with 1 year of experience of work in Canada
Do you also speak French or have family already living in Canada? These factors may also contribute to your successful application for Express Entry.
What is Express Entry?
Canadian Express Entry includes Federal Skilled Workers, Canadian Experience Class, and Federal Skilled Trades. People interested in immigrating to Canada to live and work on a full-time basis, who meet the criteria for at least one of these immigration programs, can apply for the Express Entry Program by submitting an “expression of interest”.
Once added to the Express Entry Pool, candidates will be scored according to the program's point-based Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), and this score will determine the candidate's rank within the pool.
During a round of invitations, applicants with the highest scores in the Express Entry Pool will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) to immigrate to Canada as a permanent resident. Rounds of invitation occur every 2-3 weeks.
CRS points are determined based on major predictors of economic success, factoring in education, skills, work experience, language ability, and a variety of other elements that are known to help migrants succeed in Canada.
An express Entry profile will remain active for a year and a profile will continue to be placed and ranked in the pool for potential selection. Once selected, entry will be processed in six months or less.
Points and Invitations to Apply
As a general rule, and based on previous rounds of invitations for Express Entry, minimum selected scores for Express Entry are 435 for Skilled Workers, and 290 for Trades workers. A high CRS is not a guarantee of selection, but places you higher in the selection ranking.
An applicant with a score below this threshold can still qualify if they receive a job offer or a Provincial Nomination which will significantly boost an applicant’s score.
Job offer Bonus: 200 CRS points for NOC 00 jobs, 50 CRS points for any other NOC 0, A and B jobs.
Provincial Nomination Bonus: 600 CRS points
Provinces or employers in Canada can directly recruit potential immigrants who are in the Express Entry Pool. If selected by a province or employer, a candidate will be awarded a significant point boost to their application, which can push them above the threshold for an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
Alternatively, an applicant may also be able to apply directly to participating provinces for a provincial nomination before submitting an Expression of Interest to the federal application process.
- A provincial nomination adds a huge point boost to your Express Entry Score
- Provinces ease immigration requirements to attract specific skilled workers needed in a province
- This creates more options for high skilled (NOC O, A, B), or for mid or low skilled immigrants (NOC C or D), as well
- Reduced requirements may include reduced language and educational requirements
- Applicant must intend to reside in the province of choice, but movement within Canada is not restricted
- Each province has their own unique PNP program
- Some provinces may be easier to qualify for than others
Proof of Funds
Unless you have a job offer in Canada, you will be required to show a minimum fund to prove you will be able to support you and your family when you arrive in Canada. These are not program fees.
(in Canadian dollars)
|For each additional family member||$3,414|
Contact us Today for a Consultation - our services include:
- A full assessment to determine your eligibility for Express Entry or Provincial Nominations
- Completing immigration paperwork - ensuring a fast process and a high success rate
- Interfacing with the Canadian government on your behalf
- Canadian arrival, settlement, and support