Solving the Workforce Shortage
Every year thousands of foreign workers legally come to Canada through temporary work and permanent residency programs. These programs were created by the federal government to fill shortages in the Canadian labour market. The number of foreign workers has greatly increased in the last few years to fill a continuing labour shortage, due in part to an aging demographic in Canada.
- More than 300,000+ work permits are issued yearly
- For many, temporary work is an immigration gateway to Permanent Residence in Canada
- There are several different temporary work programs for a range of job types including: high skilled, low skilled, and seasonal occupations
Immigration and Recruitment
TSC Immigration Services specializes in foreign worker recruitment. Our candidates come from a variety of countries including Vietnam, The Philippines, China, India, Mexico, Korea, Ukraine, Romania, among others. They are professionally screened, reliable, experienced, and ready to satisfy your organization's labour needs.
We supply immigration support for sectors including: IT, engineering, manufacturing, transportation, finance, agricultural, forestry, among others.
Our rate and guarantee:
We offer clear and competitive rates with no hidden fees.
Our staff are experienced professionals in the recruitment of foreign workers. We are also authorized Immigration Consultants with experience in obtaining the necessary government authorization for your company to hire foreign workers. We are ready to handle every aspect of the foreign worker recruitment and immigration process. We provide best practices in recruitment for our clients and an assurance that the process is in accordance with Canadian immigration regulations and laws.
Our process can be highly customizable to meet your needs. We can provide:
- Guidance in identifying where to hire from
- Consultation on government programs and identifying opportunities
- Social media recruitment and promotions
- International recruitment events and missions
- Customized interviewing and screening
- Live interviews via video-conference
- Work permit applications end-to-end process
- Settlement assistance or guidance
- Continued support with immigration after hire (renewals, permanent residency, citizenship)
Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
In many cases, before hiring a foreign worker, you will need a positive LMIA issued by the government. This can be a lengthy and complicated application process. We provide full support in the LMIA application process as well as support providing compliant advertising and reporting.
Contact us to learn more about the LMIA process and exemptions you may qualify for.
Temporary Worker Programs
A. Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)
- Low to High Skilled workers
- Work for one specific employer (employer must have government authorization to use TFWP)
- Work for up to 2 years in Canada with opportunity to extend
- No minimum language requirements
- Must have demonstrable skills for the job
- 6-8 week processing time (depending on country or origin) plus application preparation time
B. Global Talent Stream
- Program designed for specialized workers, high tech industry, high level managers, special skills, etc.
- +$80,000 CAD salary positions
- Reduced employer requirements (no LMIA)
- Accelerated permit processing time
C. International Experience Canada
- Recent graduates who want to gain international experience by working in Canada
- Must be a citizen from a participating country
- Options to travel and work, work for multiple employers, or work for a dedicated employer
- Options for co-op or university exchanges
D. Seasonal, short term, and Agricultural Worker Programs (SAWP)
- Work permits from 8 months to 2 years
- In some cases transportation and housing must be provided by employer
- Recruitment is provided for free if sourcing from following countries (for agricultural jobs only):
- Antigua and Barbuda
- St. Kitts-Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
E. Trade Agreements
- Special exceptions exist designed to improve trade and cooperation
- Reduces application barriers and faster processing
- Includes: NAFTA/CCFTA/WTO/C-Peru/C-Columbia/C-Korea/C-Chile/CPTPP/C-Panama
- Example: Canada – Peru Free Trade Agreement
- Business visitors (3 months business visitor permit)
- Traders and Investors (3-12 months)
- Intra company transferees (12 months work permit)
- Professionals and Technicians (12 months work permit)
*Special rules apply
- Example: Canada – Peru Free Trade Agreement